A simple but delicious recipe that kids can get involved with. Guaranteed to put a smile on Mum's face this Mothers Day...
Ready in 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4
- Place the tomatoes and the diced muffins on a shallow baking tray. Pour over 60ml of rapeseed oil and add a pinch of black pepper
- Place the tray into the oven for 12–15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are just tender and the muffin cubes are a light golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and set aside
- To cook the eggs, bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and add the white wine vinegar
- Crack the eggs into separate ramekins or cups, ensuring there are no pieces of shell
- Gently tip each egg into the water. The eggs should drop to the bottom of the saucepan and then begin to float back to the surface
- Poach the eggs for 3–4 minutes and then remove from the water with a slotted spoon. Place the eggs on a plate with a sheet of kitchen paper to soak up excess water
- Serve the eggs on a bed of smoked salmon, muffin croutons, roasted tomatoes and wild rocket. Drizzle the remaining rapeseed oil over each plate and serve.