- 1 Whole Smoked Haddock 300g
- 25g unsalted butter
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely sliced
- 6 large red, green and yellow peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 8 large tomatoes, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10ml caster sugar
Preheat the Oven to 220c
Sweat together in a heavy based pan. Cover with a lid and fry until the vegetables are soft but not brown
Add and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Put the lid back on and continue cooking over a very low heat, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes.
The mixture should be soft and the juices from the tomato should have evaporated.
Place the haddock on top of the peperonata , season with black pepper, smear with unsalted butter, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprig of thyme. Place in the oven and cook for around 12-15mins or until the haddock is cooked through.